Are you new to Toddler Teacher?
I invite you to get some FREE stuff… Start Here
To find out how I created this website, free e-book and email campaign using only FREE VERSIONS of BRILLIANT PROGRAMS, click on the icon below:
Kid’s say the darndest things, don’t they?
I’ve started recording some of the gorgeous chats I’ve had with young Benjamin lately, because I want to keep these gems forever.
Here are a few recent conversations:
- My heart melted when Benjamin piped up the other day, “Mommy, you’re my Best Friend!” Just before it could go to my head, I overheard him telling his toys with just as much emphasis, “Lightning McQueen, you’re my Best Friend! Green quad bike, you’re my Best Friend! Well, at least I rank right up there with his favourite toys.
- I arrive home with a few groceries, and Ben says: “Mom, have you got a ‘prise for me.” (His word for surprise). I take a little packet of mini biscuits out the shopping bag, and he says with disgust, “That’s not a ‘prise, that’s biscuits!” I explain that I only went to the grocery store for a couple of things, and ask, “What kind of surprise were you hoping for?” Ben says: “I’ll give you a clue… a motor bike!” Of course he means the toy variety (thank heavens).
- During a feed, while Ben is swopping from one side to the other, he pauses just long enough to say, “Duuuhlicious!“
- Ben wakes up in the morning, and I can see he’s in deep thought, so I ask him what he’s thinking about and he says, “Mommy’s milk.“
- We get in the car after a trip to the shopping mall, and I ask Ben if he’s tired. He says, “No, I not tired, I just happy. Mommy, you make me sooo happy.”
- Ben has a short coughing fit. Concerned that he might be choking on something, I ask if he’s okay. He says, nonchalantly “I fine. I just coughing.“
- On our walks, Benjamin has picked up my habit of looking out for cars when crossing the road. I find it so adorable when he says, “Careful Mommy, there’s a car coming.“
Would love to hear some of your children’s classic gems… please go ahead and leave a comment.
Today’s classic gem from Benjamin: “I can do anything I do… because I’m a boy!”
FREE STUFF COMING YOUR WAY!
I’ve just released the first 2 Chapters of my eBook!
It’s exclusively available to Toddler Teacher subscribers.
Click here if you would like to opt in to Toddler Teacher News.
I will send you a SNEAK PREVIEW of my book on Breastfeeding:
Don’t Give Up On Your Worst Day.